Monday, August 17, 2009

Who are the People at Ross Creek



1. Name: Shannon Richardson Age: 26

2. Art form: Metal/Jewellery/Mixed Media

3. What are you doing at Ross Creek? A little bit of this a little bit of that :) Admin.

4. What book are you reading now? I’ve started many…Way of the Peaceful Warrior, Power of Intention, Complete Works of Lewis Carroll

5. What is your current favourite music on your IPOD? Don’t have an IPod. But I’d say “Sitting on the Dock of the Bay” (Otis Redding), Run Around Sue, or anything by S Club 7 :)

6. What is your current favourite website/ podcast? Don’t have a favourite.

7. Which living artist (of any kind) do you most admire? Patrick Perry-metal artist, conceptual artist, and a former teacher of mine

8. If marooned on a desert island, what
a. Book : Wind in the Willows-it’s a classic!
b. Movie : Would I have a TV and DVD player? Probably the Ice Age movies, or Police Academy series or anything with Bill Murray
c. Music : 50’s and 60’s music, DISCO!! (Boogie, Oogie, Oogie til you can’t Boogie no more!)
d. Artwork: Egon Schielle, Dali or a blank canvas & supplies

9. What is your obsession? Hmmm…there are so many it’s hard to choose :) I guess I’d have to say Hannah Montana, she makes me laugh, hehe…it really is the best of both worlds!

10. What or who is the greatest love of your life? Oooh, toughy. I’d have to say the greatest love of my life would have to be myself as my mom used to say that you can’t expect someone to love you if you don’t love yourself first

11. When and where were you happiest? I want to say when I was 8, riding my bike down a quiet road at dusk on a warm summer night with the crickets chirping.

12. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Why would I when I’m so gosh darn perfect? Haha, I guess I’d like to be a little less shy and more comfortable in crowds.

13. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? According to my spirit guide, I was a medic during the Vietnam war… so I guess I’d like to come back as whatever being will help me to reach the next stage of my soul

14. What is your most treasured possession? A stuffed dog that was waiting for me in my crib when they brought me home from the hospital. Moving around a lot, he was the most consistent friend I had and is very comforting when I am upset

15. What is your most annoying habit? I have a fixation on sticky things such as tape. My friends say that when I continuously roll a piece of tape between my fingers for hours, it’s annoying. But what do they know?

16. What quality do you most value in your friends? A sense of humour. Laughter truly is the greatest medicine and can do wonders when you are glum.

17. Who are your favourite writers? Bob Dylan and Alex Garland

18. Who is your hero of fiction? Indiana Jones. OH! The chest hair!

19. Who are your current or historical heroes? Bob Dylan, Patrick Swayze, Romeo Dalaire

20. If your life were a mix tape, what songs would be on it? Disco, 50’s & 60’s rock & roll, a power ballad or two, maybe one slow, sweet song, but mostly up-beat and rockin’ just like me! Oh, and “Easy like Sunday Morning” my theme song :)

21. What is it that you most dislike? Being misunderstood; there’s nothing more frustrating

22. What is your motto? “Fake it ‘til you make it!” Carol Leighton

23. What’s your earliest memory of Ross Creek? Getting lost on my way for the interview. My favourite first memory is the Jerome performance I saw.

24. What the most significant thing you’ve achieved (so far) at Ross Creek? Probably Black & White, everything leading up to it, and the event itself. Although Canada Day was a lot of fun, too…they’ve all been happy memories :)

25. What is your happiest memory of Ross Creek? Running and watching what we’ve created on the last day

No comments:

Post a Comment