Thursday, August 6, 2009


Who are the People at Ross Creek?

1. Name: Mauralea Austin

2. Art form: Writing, Acting

3. What are you doing at Ross Creek? Leading the writing workshop

4. What book are you reading now? Pale Criminal by Philip Kerr

5. What is your current favourite music on your IPOD? Don’t have an IPod- pretty pitiful I know

6. What is your current favourite website/podcast? Uh…none

7. Which living artist (of any kind) do you most admire? Meryl Streep

8. If marooned on a desert island, what

a. book : Shakespeare’s collected works-endless things to discover AND the Oxford Dictionary because I like words
b. Movie :
c. Music : Wind, waves, bird calls would be just fine with me
d. Artwork: Blank canvases and art materials to create my own

9. What is your obsession? Reading EVERYWHERE

10. What or who is the greatest love of your life? My son Shayler

11. When and where were you happiest? Backpacking around Europe oh so many years ago

12. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I wish I could play a musical instrument really well

13. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? An artisan in a studio overlooking the ocean; with a sail boat moored at the peer

14. What is your most treasured possession? My photo albums

15. What is your most annoying habit? Chewing gum in the car

16. What quality do you most value in your friends? Sense of humour

17. Who are your favourite writers? So many!

18. Who are your current or historical heroes? My mom

19. If your life were a mix tape, what songs would be on it? A little bit of rock, a little bit of Celtic, a little bit of classical and, believe it or not, a bit of opera

20. What is it that you most dislike? Quite a few things, actually, but that makes me sound really cranky so nevermind…

21. What is your motto? Problems can always be overcome to become opportunities (Not that I’m able to put this into action—sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment